Private Ephesus Tours From Izmir Port
Places to see “Duration : Half day 4-5 hours || Full day 7-8 hours (approx.)”
- Take a Half-Day or Full-Day Private Ephesus tours from Izmir port.
- Explore ancient city of Ephesus the best-preserved classical city in the eastern Mediterranean.
- Visit the House of Virgin Mary, where she spent last days of her life.
- Explore the Temple of Artemis, considered to be one of the Seven wonders of the Ancient World.
- Visit the Basilica of St. John, located under the main central dome, elevated the site to one of the most sacred sites in the Middle Ages and thousands made pilgrimage here.
- Enjoy authentic Turkish cuisine.
- Transport by Private De-Luxe Cars.
- Private Local Licensed Guide.
- No shopping stops along the way ! “ Without the hassle of being taken to various factory outlets or shopping “.
When you arrive in the port of Izmir, your private guide will be waiting to lead you to your own luxury vehicle, your Izmir shore excursion starts as you make your way from the Izmir cruise port to Ephesus, your guide gives you a brief info about the area and about the country.
As you arrive in the ancient city of Ephesus, an important center for early Christianity. In the Book of Revelation, Ephesus was one of the seven churches addressed by Christ in a vision.
You will first see the Magnesia Gate, a marvelous example of ancient architecture that once stood tall as an entrance to the city. Begin a downhill walk with your guide into the city’s ruins. The route will take you past the Odeon, the Celsus Library, the Temple of Hadrian, the Fountain of Trajan and the Great Theater. The theater, one of the city’s best-preserved monuments, it is still used today for the local spring festival. It once had seating space for 24,000 people, and it is believed to be the site where St Paul preached to the Ephesians, your guide will also show you the many other temples during your Ephesus tour.
After enjoying the authentic Turkish cuisine at lunch then visit the Temple of Artemis one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. “Half day tour returning to Izmir port where the tour concludes.”
Full day tour ; You will continue to visit the House of Virgin Mary, where she spent last days of her life. Visit Basilica of St John, St.John where is believed that the evangelist St. John had spent his last years in the region around Ephesus with the Virgin Mary and buried in the southern slope of Ayasoluk Hill, before returning to Izmir port where you tour concludes.
Half Day Tour Price
Full Day Tour Price
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability.
- At time of booking, Cruise Ship passengers must provide the following details under Special Requirements: Ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time.
- Children 6-18 years must be accompanied by an adult
- Please enter your preferred pickup time in the Special Requirements box at the time of booking, and reconfirm 48 hours prior to the tour’s departure time.
- Ephesus requires walking long distances over uneven surfaces, comfortable clothing and closed toe, sensible walking shoes are recommended. Sunglasses and sunscreen are suggested.
- We will ensure your timely return to the Kusadasi or Izmir port for this activity. If you are not returned to the ship in time to board, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call.