|Duration : 3 Days | 2 Nights
||View similar tours & things to do|
Nemrut Tours From Cappadocia
With this 3 Days Nemrut tour you will have chance to see the imposing stone heads atop a remote, 2,150-metre-high mountain are one of Turkey’s most iconic sites. The statues of Greek and Persian gods , which were up to 33ft tall, formed part of the tomb and temple complex built by Antiochus I (69-34 BC) , who reigned over the Commagene kingdom. You will be also able to see the urbanlife of South Eastern Turkey away from modern life.
Nemrut Tours are available from May till October with daily departures from Cappadocia.
Day 1 ( Departure from Cappadocia )
- You will be picked up from your hotel in Cappadocia and join our organized tour. Drive to Kahta passing through Kayseri where we will see the Seljuk Karatayhan Caravanserai settled on the famous Silk Road. Then, make a stop at the Taurus Mountains to have our lunch. The dessert will be taken in Kahramanmaras famous for the best ice-cream in Turkey. Finally arrive in Kahta and check-in our hotel for dinner and stay overnight.
Day 2 ( Mount Nemrut – Harran – Sanliurfa )
- Early morning wake up to enjoy amazing sunrise between the colossal size statues and heads of the kings and Gods at Mt. Nemrut. Then visit Arsemia which was once the capital of the Commagene Kingdom, the Bridge of Septimus Severus over the Cendere river, and the Karakus tumulus where members of the royal family were buried. After visits, we will drive to to Sanliurfa with a short stop at the Ataturk Dam which is the biggest dam in the Middle East. After lunch we will visit the Abraham’s Cave and the Pools of Holy Carp. Finally drive to Harranvillage to see Mud-Brick “beehive” houses mentioned in the book of genesis where Abraham spent the last years of his life. Stay overnight in Sanliurfa.
Day 3 ( Sanliurfa – Birecik – Cappadocia )
- After breakfast we depart from Sanliurfa to Birecik which is famous for its bald-ibis (Kelaynak) birds. These birds are living only in Birecik in the world and there is a very limited population of them. We visit the breeding farm of Bald Ibis birds. After lunch, we drive through the Taurus Mountains and drop you off the hotel in Cappadocia.
- Pick up and drop off from hotels in Cappadocia.
- 2 nights accommodation in 3 star hotels including breakfast.
- Services of English tour speaking guide.
- Entrance fees to all sites mentioned in the itinerary.
- Transportation in air-conditioned and non smoking tour vehicles
- Tips to the guide and driver.
- Optional excursions.
- Drinks taken with meals.
- Personal expenses and anything else which is not listed on included services.
- Nemrut Tours are available from May till October with daily departures from Cappadocia.
- The above prices are valid for a tour in English (please let us know which language you prefer. For other languages; Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish, German, Italian and French, Available only on request. Please include the form any language you want for your ideal itinerary.