Private Ephesus Tours From Istanbul
Places to see “Duration: 7-8 hours (approx.) “ View similar tours & things to do
- Door to Door Private Ephesus Tours From Istanbul
- Explore the ancient city of Ephesus the best-preserved classical city in the eastern Mediterranean.
- Visit the Temple of Artemis, considered to be one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
- Visit the House of Virgin Mary, where she spent last days of her life.
- Visit the Basilica of St. John, located under the main central dome, elevated the site to one of the most sacred locations in the Middle Ages and thousands made a pilgrimage here.
- Enjoy authentic Turkish cuisine.
- Transport by Private De-Luxe Cars.
- Private Local Licensed Guide.
- No shopping stops along the way! “ Without the hassle of being taken to various factory outlets or shopping “.
When you arrive the airport of Izmir your private guide will be waiting to lead you to your own luxury vehicle, during a 40-minute ride to Ephesus, your guide gives you a brief info about the area and about the country, you can relax and enjoy the cooled soft drinks and appetisers.
As you arrive in Ephesus, you will first see the Magnesia Gate, a marvellous example of ancient architecture that once stood tall as an entrance to the city. Begin a downhill walk with your guide into the city’s ruins. The route will take you past the Odeon, the Celsus Library, the Temple of Hadrian, the Fountain of Trajan and the Great Theater. The theatre, one of the city’s best-preserved monuments, it is still used today for the local spring festival. It once had seating space for 24,000 people, and it is believed to be the site where St Paul preached to the Ephesians.
After enjoying the Turkish cuisine at lunch, you will visit the House of Virgin Mary, where she spent last days of her life. Visit Temple of Artemis one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World and Basilica of St John.
Once you have completed your excellent cultural tour of Ephesus and surrounding sites, your driver will return you to the airport in time for your flight. On arrival in Istanbul, you will be met and driven back to your accommodation, where you can spend the evening reliving your tour of Ephesus!
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case, confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability.
- At the time of booking, Cruise Ship passengers must provide the following details under Special Requirements: Ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time.
- Children 6-18 years must be accompanied by an adult
- Please enter your preferred pickup time in the Special Requirements box at the time of booking, and reconfirm 48 hours before the tour’s departure time.
- Ephesus requires walking long distances over uneven surfaces, comfortable clothing and closed toe, sensible walking shoes are recommended. Sunglasses and sunscreen are suggested.
- We will ensure your timely return to the Kusadasi or Izmir port for this activity. If you are not returned to the ship in time to board, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call.